Mobile MDAT Tool
Streamlining Childhood Developmental Assessment
"Children born in developing countries this year will lose more than $177 billion in potential lifetime earnings because of stunting and other delays in physical development... Children who have poor growth in their first years of life tend to perform worse at school, which usually leads to poorer earning power later on. The Harvard scientists calculated that every dollar invested in eliminating poor early growth would yield a $3 return"
The Mobile MDAT tool is an open sourced, user friendly platform that makes childhood development data collection and aggregation simple and intuitive for mobile health workers in low- and middle-income countries.
Step 1 Collect
- Health worker (i.e. tester) administers assessment via Android device
- Wifi not necessary to access platform
- Tester automatically led through series of questions based on age and aptitude of child
- Test score calculated
Step 2 Aggregate
- Tabulated results are collected over Wifi on an aggregate server
- Data can be exported to a variety of programs for analysis
- Mobile MDAT eliminates need for data cleaning and probability of human error